Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Feb 23, 2019, 13:42:49

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air Compressor  (Read 12157 times)

Offline Pleasedwith3putts

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • 9 Iron
Re: Air Compressor
« Reply #45 on: Jan 09, 2015, 16:03:10 »
Or get some odourless grip solution. No smell and goes twice as far as white spirit as pretty oily so you don't need as much

I've been pretty impressed with the Brampton HF 100

Offline Scotty

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • 4 Iron
« Reply #46 on: Jan 09, 2015, 16:47:18 »
I'd personally avoid compressor applications. Grips never seem to be in place as well as tape and solution combo's.

Compressor plus grip with no tape is almost always a disaster waiting to happen. Compressor using tape just never seems to feel right to me, solution seems to do something to the bond that makes the core of the grip feel solid so to reduce torque.

Offline Yanner

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • 4 Iron
    • Flat available for rent!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2015, 17:45:59 »
I got a 240 volt WorkZone compressor from eBay for much cheapness and wouldn't go back to solvent.

For a hobbyist it's brilliant being able to try grips, move grips, do complete sets in 15 minutes and change the same grip between clubs easily. Would I use one if it was my job? Probably not but I've never had a grip move using a single wrap of masking tape.

Can't imagine putting a grip on without tape as the size would be wrong.

Offline Ian

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • 9 Iron
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2015, 18:25:12 »

I got a 240 volt WorkZone compressor from eBay for much cheapness and wouldn't go back to solvent.

For a hobbyist it's brilliant being able to try grips, move grips, do complete sets in 15 minutes and change the same grip between clubs easily. Would I use one if it was my job? Probably not but I've never had a grip move using a single wrap of masking tape.

Can't imagine putting a grip on without tape as the size would be wrong.

Think it was me that bought the first workzone and agree great bit of kit for the cash and don't need anything more heavy.

Used it many times and no problems and so much better and less messy than solvent

Online hotbaws

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
    • The New Club
Air Compressor
« Reply #49 on: Jan 26, 2019, 17:17:17 »
Keith have a read through there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bag is changing again...
Round & round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Recent