* *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Feb 23, 2019, 13:04:21

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any doctors in the house?  (Read 1417 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Keve

  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
  • ****
  • Posts: 6548
  • Thanks: 32
Any doctors in the house?
« on: Oct 21, 2012, 16:40:24 »
I know the answer is go and see a doctor but would like to see if anyone on here has had a similar problem and could advise.
I've been having a bit of bother with my back for a couple of weeks, but only when I golf. I first felt it on the range 3 weekends ago, it started as a slight twinge at the bottom of my ribs on the back right hand side. I went out last Sunday and it happened again on the course, the same on a practise session on Tuesday and again today when I could only manage 8 balls before giving up. It is more of a spasm than a constant pain. The other thing with it is that it also gives me a strong but dullish pain in my right testicle too. It is similar to the feeling you get when you take a blow to the testicles, but feels like its the other way round if you know what I mean.
I had a similar problem a few years ago with sciatica in my lower back which gave me testicular pain and a totally numb leg down to my knee.
Both pains go away within a couple of hours and nothing else but golf brings it on, I have a fairly physical job and I've been fine all week, until today, felt it after my 1st full shot.

Offline Stanster

  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
  • ****
  • Posts: 5035
  • Thanks: 32
Re: Any doctors in the house?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2012, 18:57:05 »
Worth a call to NHS direct ?

I've used them a few times and they seemed to get the diagnosis right.

Offline ecclesrec

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • 2 Iron
  • ***
  • Posts: 4969
  • Thanks: 35
Re: Any doctors in the house?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2012, 19:21:05 »
Probably the same again as standard question is if you get pain on the groin or numbness in legs or problems going to the toilet for a wee.