Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 17, 2018, 00:40:26

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frozen Shoulder  (Read 2201 times)

Offline inoculator

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • 3 Iron
Frozen Shoulder
« on: Mar 28, 2013, 13:50:53 »
Anyone had this or know anything about it?

Waiting for docs appointment next week, although I suspect I'll get told to wait for a physio appointment in 12 weeks  :rolleyes:

Ok when I play golf but sometimes get a slight niggle in upper arm shoulder area. However was swimming at weekend & couldn't do backstroke. Was agony when trying to pull the arm through  :cry
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"

Offline MGL

• Custom Club Fitter
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • 5 Iron
Re: Frozen Shoulder
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2013, 14:06:54 »
I've got it!!

About to start physio. I wanted a steroid injection but I'm a diabetic so they won't give me one. Apparently it can just go as fast as it came. I thought I had a pulled muscle tbh.

Doesn't affect my golf - I would like to blame it, but apparently it not the cause of me being shit!
Wishon Driver, Woods & Hybrids
Maltby MMB Irons & Aerotech Steelfiber
Wishon Wedges & Spinner Shafts
SeeMore Putter

All built by me, so I have no-one else to blame now!

Offline Longshot

• Driver
  • I threadjack, therefore I am.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2013, 16:22:10 »
I've got it!!

About to start physio. I wanted a steroid injection but I'm a diabetic so they won't give me one. Apparently it can just go as fast as it came. I thought I had a pulled muscle tbh.

Doesn't affect my golf - I would like to blame it, but apparently it not the cause of me being shit!

Hmmm, I've got a shoulder issue at the moment - sharp pain that only kicks in in certain positions (not like that) and also isn't affected by golf.  I've been hoping it would go away but it isn't.  I suppose I should go and see someone about it.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you don't have enemies

Offline MGL

• Custom Club Fitter
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • 5 Iron
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2013, 16:30:51 »
The pain is basically in my left bicep. Only happens when I try and move my arm a certain way - i.e. out to the side and up, behind my back when trying to put a coat on, etc.

Wishon Driver, Woods & Hybrids
Maltby MMB Irons & Aerotech Steelfiber
Wishon Wedges & Spinner Shafts
SeeMore Putter

All built by me, so I have no-one else to blame now!

Offline Longshot

• Driver
  • I threadjack, therefore I am.
Frozen Shoulder
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2013, 18:57:10 »
The pain is basically in my left bicep. Only happens when I try and move my arm a certain way - i.e. out to the side and up, behind my back when trying to put a coat on, etc.

Sounds similar
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you don't have enemies

Offline ecclesrec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 2 Iron
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2013, 21:30:57 »

That could be an impingement in the shoulder/rotator cuff. Worse still, you could have a slap or sling tear!
Easily happens especially to those that play golf/tennis/cricket (bowler).

I had an MRI and even then they could not be sure and the only way to know was to have a look inside with exploratory surgery. Would have meant 3 months in a sling! Could not afford to do it at the time because of study etc and not being allowed to drive.

Recent