Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:12:36

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ping G30  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Driver
  • Current HC: 7
Re: Ping G30
« Reply #15 on: Aug 29, 2014, 12:23:20 »
Oh and just to add that the Pro at Verulam gets a massive thumbs up from me.  Free launch monitor fitting (GC2 rather than Trackman), very friendly, let me take the demo club on the course for my round, at no point tried to hard sell me anything or push something that he was looking to shift, and even arranged for his assistant Pro to deliver the club to me when it arrives in next week.

They stock most main brands and are very keenly priced, so if any of the more Northerly Southerners are interested in a fitting then he's a good option, especially as Verulam is also a nice little course with green fees under £30 during the week, so an on course test will cost less than a fitting at some other venues.  They also have a grass practice range which can be used for irons only, so if you were being fitted for irons then you could see real ball flight and launch monitor data.

Offline Roland

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
Re: Re: Ping G30
« Reply #16 on: Aug 29, 2014, 14:10:17 »
Oh and just to add that the Pro at Verulam gets a massive thumbs up from me.  Free launch monitor fitting (GC2 rather than Trackman), very friendly, let me take the demo club on the course for my round, at no point tried to hard sell me anything or push something that he was looking to shift, and even arranged for his assistant Pro to deliver the club to me when it arrives in next week.

They stock most main brands and are very keenly priced, so if any of the more Northerly Southerners are interested in a fitting then he's a good option, especially as Verulam is also a nice little course with green fees under £30 during the week, so an on course test will cost less than a fitting at some other venues.  They also have a grass practice range which can be used for irons only, so if you were being fitted for irons then you could see real ball flight and launch monitor data.
If it was Joel he is a top guy.
Driver TBC
Fairway TBC
Adams XTD Hybrid Prolaunch Red
Callaway X Tour 21º C-Taper
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW KBS Tour
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52º & 58º KBS Tour
Trusty Spider CS Hanging in There

Offline Cols_Ears

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • 3 Iron
  • Current HCap: 5.8
« Reply #17 on: Aug 29, 2014, 14:17:33 »

I decided to take the demo SFT club out onto the course for the round and was pleased with what I saw.  The club is very attractive behind the ball, and the silly fins are barely noticeable after a few swings.  I actually wasn't swinging that well with the driver during the round, but in many ways that was good as I quickly realised that my bad swings with the G30 were definitely much straighter than my bad ones with the 910.  My good ones were still maxing out around 260, but the flight was definitely more penetrating, so hopefully into the wind I should see less ballooning and a bit more distance.

After seeing this in the flesh yesterday, I thought the fins looked fine - it was the rest of the head or more specifically the size and shape of it I had a problem with. It's phuckin massive! To me it looks like someone stepped on the mold and squashed squashed it out at the rear, I'd be worried that I might catch my left knee with it at the top of my swing...

Apart from that a very nice looking club - really like the matte black crown - and the i25 is even better, surprised I even liked the stripes!
:ping: G400 10.5° with Project X HC HzRdus Yellow 76g 6.0
:touredge: E8 Beta 16.5° with Accra SE80 M4 Stiff
PXG 0311X 2i (bent to 19°) with Aerotech Steelfiber 110 F4 
:ping: iBlades Green Dot 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW +½"
SCOR 4161 Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° with KBS Wedge shafts
:scottycameron: GoLo3 / MannKrafted MA66 Flowneck / Ingles 12g flowneck
:bridgestone: B330S (2017)

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Driver
Re: Re: Ping G30
« Reply #18 on: Aug 29, 2014, 21:10:10 »
If it was Joel he is a top guy.

Yep, it was Joel.  I did mention you actually, noting that you were behind the times as you don't own a launch monitor.

Offline Chip_Unsure

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
« Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2014, 21:20:50 »
Roland is a walking lunch monitor....  :popcorn:
WITB
TM M1 2017 9.5° w/ Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
TM M1 2017 15° w/ Speeder Pro84 stiff
Titleist 816h2 19° w/ motore speeder 9.8 stiff
Bridgestone j15 w/ KBS Tour 125s
Vokey SM6 50/54/58 w/ KBS Tour 125s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m / Squareback 2018

Offline Blofeld

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Driver
  • Brett Vale G.C. Captain 2014
« Reply #20 on: Aug 30, 2014, 17:33:44 »
I had a score of balls left in my basket today at the end of my range session and remembered that the shop had some demo G30 clubs so I thought I'd have a try.

First up was a regular flex 10* SFT. Probably the flex but this flew all over the place....high slice being quite a common result.

After half a dozen or so balls this went back on the rack and was replaced by a 10.5* in stiff.

This was a much better fit and delivered a nice penetrating flight, long (unable to compare to my Callaway RazrFit driver as it was at home) with just a hint of fade at the end of the flight. Gripping down an inch and a half was beneficial, delivering more consistent accuracy.

Definitely worth another investigation at a later date with direct comparison to the RazrFit.
Callaway Epic 10.5* / Hzrdus T800 6.0
Ping Rapture 13* / Rapture reg
Ping G400 14.5  / Tour 75 reg
Ping G400  19* & 22*/ Tour 80 reg
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW / DG XP95 stiff
Callaway MD4 54* & 58*
Gauge Design Tera

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Driver
« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2014, 17:48:01 »
Probably worth trying the SFT in 10° but with one of the Tour shafts, either 65g or 80g.  They are heavier and half an inch shorter, so may well give you more consistent results than the lighter and longer stock shafts.  No up charge for the 'Tour' shafts.

Recent