Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:42:23

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Edel putter fitting in the UK  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Circle-G

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sand Wedge
Re: Edel putter fitting in the UK
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 13:42:34 »
AB Golf at Southfields golf range in long crendon nr Thame Oxfordshire 01844215400 offer the fitting.
TaylorMade M1 v2 460 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Pro66 Tour spec
TaylorMade M3 15° Fujikura Speeder Pro76 Tour spec
TaylorMade RSI Tp udi 20° KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85
TaylorMade P790 4 Iron KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 95
Taylormade P770 5-6/P750 7-9 KBS Tour V 110
Taylormade Milled Grind 48° KBS Tour 610 Wedge
TaylorMade Milled Grind 52° KBS Tour 610 Wedge
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58° KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works Red R-Line
TaylorMade Tp5x  #67

Offline david92

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • 4 Iron
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 19:08:44 »
Had a fitting today at AB Golf...pretty good/interesting and a putter ordered...confirmed why I have been putting poorly because my alignment is left of the hole by about 5" from around 6-10 ft which ties in with my misses of late...
Now I have to be patient whilst it is made in the US :banghead:
Short term I have to get my head round how to compensate for my left alignment...and I am going to flog some stuff off to pay for the putter
WITB
TM M2 9.5 with Oban HB Kiyoshi
Calloway Epic Graphite Design g series
Hybrids Callaway 815 18/20/23 Accra hybrid Stiff flex
Irons Mizuno MP18SC KBS Tour V +1/2"
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline Cols_Ears

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • 3 Iron
  • Current HCap: 5.8
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 14:13:02 »
David - did you discuss why you aim 5" left, and how consistent are you with it?

Reason I ask is that sometimes we can subconsciously start to correct for our misses, so if you previously missed right then perhaps you've started aiming left to compensate.
Alternatively the aim left could to be to compensate for a push or block in your mechaincs.

Not much point in finding a putter that allows you to aim correctly if your mechanics mean that you are now going to miss everything by 5" on the right. Mechanics need to match the aim...

Just a thought. :hi:
:ping: G400 10.5° with Project X HC HzRdus Yellow 76g 6.0
:touredge: E8 Beta 16.5° with Accra SE80 M4 Stiff
PXG 0311X 2i (bent to 19°) with Aerotech Steelfiber 110 F4 
:ping: iBlades Green Dot 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW +½"
SCOR 4161 Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° with KBS Wedge shafts
:scottycameron: GoLo3 / MannKrafted MA66 Flowneck / Ingles 12g flowneck
:bridgestone: B330S (2017)

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 14:35:45 »
What they do is get you to aim for the cup (behind/underneath) the laser about 6-10ft away which shots a beam onto the mirror stuck on your own putter which you have tried to line up straight...you do this with a ball in the way which is then taken away and shows the reflection on the screen....you repeat this several times and if what you said was to happen then you would have thought you would adjust your aim...however I was very consistent!!...and historically I don't think I have ever consistently missed right ...interesting was the effect of alignment lines on the putter head to your aim...basically more lines towards the back of the head you unconsciously aim more to the right...height of where the laser shined was important too
WITB
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline ernies_eye

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • 8 iron
  • The Gremlin
    • www.blackhalldevelopments.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 06:42:59 »
David - when did he say you will get it?
Bag contains:
clubs - 12 of.
a few baws (yelly yins)
loads of broken tees
1 half drunk bottle of flat juice.
foosty chuggy

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 09:28:44 »
He said could be up to 5 weeks but usually quicker...obviously covering himself which is OK and better to "under state over deliver" or whatever the phrase is!...and he says it all depends on whether I manage to sync well with the batches of orders they send out...they tend to group them up to keep the cost down
WITB

Offline Gareth

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • 2 Iron
    • Bespoke Automotive Consulting
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 14:33:49 »
He said could be up to 5 weeks but usually quicker...obviously covering himself which is OK and better to "under state over deliver" or whatever the phrase is!...and he says it all depends on whether I manage to sync well with the batches of orders they send out...they tend to group them up to keep the cost down

"under promise and over deliver"

AKA "manage your expectations"

Intrigued by Edel and looking into them now......probably a better use of funds than messing around with a Rory "I've won 4 majors" McIlroy Nike putter that looks a bit sexy on eBay  :)
I love the sand belt but it's not good for keeping up trousers in the rain...

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 15:59:01 »

"under promise and over deliver"

AKA "manage your expectations"

Intrigued by Edel and looking into them now......probably a better use of funds than messing around with a Rory "I've won 4 majors" McIlroy Nike putter that looks a bit sexy on eBay  :)

that's the one !...obviously senile dementia settling in and couldn't remember the correct phrase :chuckle:

I think the Edel process is pretty useful in itself even if you don't go through purchasing a putter...it takes about an hour...the putter is going to end up about the price of a custom fit driver which when you think of the percentage of shots per round you use the putter has to be worth prioritising as the most important club in the bag (if it works!) ...and to be honest one of the least likely clubs to be flipped on as being made redundant by technology

WITB

Offline 3puttwizard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Driver
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 20:29:12 »
2019: 9.3

M.6 10.5 Speeder 757 TS
M2 3HL Hzrdus Black
JPX 900 Forged 4-PW KBS X
Cally 47/52 wedges
SM6 58 M Grind
Odyessy O Works Red #1
TP5x

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:21:10 »
Bit of an update...got the putter about a month or so ago...initially wasn't great but quickly started working but this coincided with my back flaring up so I had to revert to a longer putter..also the standard round grip could be looking to be replaced with a Superstroke..however what I recently noticed was that the purple paint fill used for some of the markings has bubbled ( this may have been there originally but not overly noticeable...anyway to cut a long story short I have contacted AB Golf in Thame (who were very good in fitting and supplying the putter) and they are contacting Edel in the States to see what can be done....
WITB

Offline braehead

• 5 Iron
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 12:59:24 »
What ever happened to your Edel putter?  I'm thinking of getting a fitting as there's aspects of their process I like (even though I'm not massively keen on the look of the putters). I think my subjectively fit current putter is actually a good fit but I'd like to confirm that!

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 14:03:06 »
Still got it and to be fair I tried re-gripping it the other day and using it....my back is better than it was so I can and want to use something shorter...but as its got a weight plug glued into the handle to balance under the grip (done by Edel) when I asked the guys at Silvermere there was much tut tutting about how to get it out..so I simply got a Superstroke put on it and it still feels a bit unbalanced/too heavy...I like the ideas about visuals effecting alignment, etc but maybe if you can have the fitting and use the ideas to buy a putter style you like that would work best

...SO if anyone is interested in a second hand long Edel then I am open to offers :lol: :lol:
WITB

Offline Cols_Ears

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • 3 Iron
  • Current HCap: 5.8
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 16:54:51 »
I'm not interested in buying it I'm afraid David - but which model did you end up with?
:ping: G400 10.5° with Project X HC HzRdus Yellow 76g 6.0
:touredge: E8 Beta 16.5° with Accra SE80 M4 Stiff
PXG 0311X 2i (bent to 19°) with Aerotech Steelfiber 110 F4 
:ping: iBlades Green Dot 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW +½"
SCOR 4161 Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° with KBS Wedge shafts
:scottycameron: GoLo3 / MannKrafted MA66 Flowneck / Ingles 12g flowneck
:bridgestone: B330S (2017)

Offline ernies_eye

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • 8 iron
  • The Gremlin
    • www.blackhalldevelopments.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 21:58:13 »
What ever happened to your Edel putter?  I'm thinking of getting a fitting as there's aspects of their process I like (even though I'm not massively keen on the look of the putters). I think my subjectively fit current putter is actually a good fit but I'd like to confirm that!

Gourlay? Or the lad in North Berwick?
Bag contains:
clubs - 12 of.
a few baws (yelly yins)
loads of broken tees
1 half drunk bottle of flat juice.
foosty chuggy

Offline braehead

• 5 Iron
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 22:13:56 »
Gourlay? Or the lad in North Berwick?

I'd go to Gourlay but I'm waiting to find out if he does the full range or just the torque balanced ones - which I really don't like the look of.

Recent