Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 06:06:53

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Edel putter fitting in the UK  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • 4 Iron
Re: Edel putter fitting in the UK
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 12:38:56 »
Still got it and to be fair I tried re-gripping it the other day and using it....my back is better than it was so I can and want to use something shorter...but as its got a weight plug glued into the handle to balance under the grip (done by Edel) when I asked the guys at Silvermere there was much tut tutting about how to get it out..so I simply got a Superstroke put on it and it still feels a bit unbalanced/too heavy...I like the ideas about visuals effecting alignment, etc but maybe if you can have the fitting and use the ideas to buy a putter style you like that would work best

...SO if anyone is interested in a second hand long Edel then I am open to offers :lol: :lol:

These guys are not great. They're good at putting grips on stuff but that's as far as it goes.

They don't know what wedge bounce is, they can't get counterweights out of shaft butts and they "prefer not to tip trim graphite shafts"

Offline braehead

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • 6 Iron
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 13:13:22 »
These guys are not great. They're good at putting grips on stuff but that's as far as it goes.

They don't know what wedge bounce is, they can't get counterweights out of shaft butts and they "prefer not to tip trim graphite shafts"

Edel? 

I'm more interested in doing the fitting itself rather than buying one of their putters.  Any other putter "fitting" I've done has been totally unscientific and along the lines of "what shape do you like", "which feels best to you" rather than this investigation on aiming preferences etc.  Ideally I'd just like to understand better what's supposed to work, get my ideal length, loft, lie and buy something else that matches that.  I think I understand all of that better due to the work I've done with Bruce Rearick (same as Col) but I'd like some verification.  The last "fitting" I did saw me end up with a centre shafted radius classic mallet with big alignment lines.  After working with Bruce I'm using a flow neck anser style blade with just a sight dot.  Most importantly I'm putter better as the putter is fit to my natural stance, swing and aim biases rather than the other way around - I think.  I'd just like some scientific "proof".  Edel may not be the right place to get it but I can't think of anywhere else to try.

Offline Scotty

• 4 Iron
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 14:54:31 »
Sorry, I should have been clear, I meant the club builders at Silvermere

Offline david92

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • 4 Iron
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 17:37:02 »
Agree and agree

~Edel provide go backing for nightlines etc but their putters are a bit marmite...and take sometime to be built...Silvermere have a captive market and are good at the basics but missing a whole opportunity to do better
WITB
TM M2 9.5 with Oban HB Kiyoshi
Calloway Epic Graphite Design g series
Hybrids Callaway 815 18/20/23 Accra hybrid Stiff flex
Irons Mizuno MP18SC KBS Tour V +1/2"
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline Scotty

• 4 Iron
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 19:11:56 »
Silvermere have a captive market and are good at the basics but missing a whole opportunity to do better

Screaming out for an equipment boutique or customisation workshop that ties into their fitting and (hugely successful) retail business. I'd make them a proposal if I had the time to be in that game again.

On that note, what Alex is doing at Worplesdon is great. I'd recommend him to anyone for their custom and club build capabilities.

Recent