Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:28:47

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Having to give 8 shots to a member without any previous rounds registered!!  (Read 2998 times)

Offline david92

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • 4 Iron
Just noticed my second round match in our Club singles knockout competition is against a guy who I am having to give 8 shots to but has not posted any competition rounds either this year or last!! :woot: :roulette:
WITB
TM M2 9.5 with Oban HB Kiyoshi
Calloway Epic Graphite Design g series
Hybrids Callaway 815 18/20/23 Accra hybrid Stiff flex
Irons Mizuno MP18SC KBS Tour V +1/2"
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline Scott W

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • 4 Iron
Just noticed my second round match in our Club singles knockout competition is against a guy who I am having to give 8 shots to but has not posted any competition rounds either this year or last!! :woot: :roulette:

..so he will be out of match practice :-)
Titleist 915 D3 Aldila Rogue 60 Silver
Ping G Series 3 wood in stock stiff
Taylormade Rescue 11 FCT 18 degree Aldila RIP 65/R
Titleist 916H 4 hybrid
Ping i 5-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 CB 50°
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 56°
Cleveland Rotex 2.0 60°
Scotty Cameron Squareback No 2

www.tyrrellswoodgolfclub.com   Current H'cap 17.8

Offline Stanster

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
Don't you have to play at least 3 rounds within 12 months to maintain a handicap ?

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
Probably a new member ...but I thought he would be ineligible to play in a major comp before he had entered 3 others to get an appropriate one for major ones
WITB
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline Colin L

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Gap Wedge
If he holds a CONGU Handicap and did not submit the required number of qualifying scores last season, his handicap has lost its competition status.

If it is a condition of your knockout competition that players must hold a competition handicap, he shouldn’t be in it if he doesn’t have one.

It is of course possible that he has submitted 3 Supplementary Scores that you don’t know about and does have a competition handicap.

If the competition is open to those who hold a non-competition handicap, that might seem surprising but is entirely up to your club and you get on with giving him a comprehensive gubbing, 8 strokes or no.

Offline Adamsdude!

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • 7 Iron
I had a similar thing last year and when I questioned it I was told he was playing on a medical exemption.
Callaway X Hot 2  9.2 (Tour Issue) Accra Tour Z ST 65 M5
RBZ Tour Proto 13* with Accra SE80 M5
Callaway X Hot 2* Steelfiber HLS90 Stiff
Taylormade Stage 2 Proto  4 Hybrid Steelfiber HLS90 Stiff
Vega VC01 5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber I95 X Stiff
Mizzy Black Raw 52, 56 KBS Custom series Black Stiff 
Epon 208KGX    58 Aerotech Steelfiber I125  Stiff
Ghost Manta Tour Superstroke 1.0 Grip

Offline Colin L

• Gap Wedge
I had a similar thing last year and when I questioned it I was told he was playing on a medical exemption.

I should have thought of that one too considering that’s how I have retained competition status for this year.

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
I have sent an email to the secretary for clarification...there was an issue last year where our major foursomes knockout comp had a finalist pair who did not have valid handicaps so the other pair won by default!...to say some of the earlier losing opponents were not happy was an understatement!

WITB

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
Just been told by the secretary that the oppo had submitted 3 cards "mid summer"...but these did not show up in the new computer system so I am sure they will get further enquiries about this
WITB

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
Played the guy yesterday to lose 3/2....he is a guy who used to play off 6 at his old club only 2 seasons ago but managed to now be a 14....I reckon taking out 2 blobbed holes he was about 4/5 gross over par!!...nice guy but no way a 14 handicapper
WITB

Offline Blofeld

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Driver
  • Brett Vale G.C. Captain 2014
Played the guy yesterday to lose 3/2....he is a guy who used to play off 6 at his old club only 2 seasons ago but managed to now be a 14....I reckon taking out 2 blobbed holes he was about 4/5 gross over par!!...nice guy but no way a 14 handicapper

HTF did he get given a 14? Unless he was less than forthcoming about his previous handicap history when he joined your club and submitted his three cards, your handicap secretary seems to have dropped a bollock.
Callaway Epic 10.5* / Hzrdus T800 6.0
Ping Rapture 13* / Rapture reg
Ping G400 14.5  / Tour 75 reg
Ping G400  19* & 22*/ Tour 80 reg
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW / DG XP95 stiff
Callaway MD4 54* & 58*
Gauge Design Tera

Offline braehead

• 5 Iron
HTF did he get given a 14? Unless he was less than forthcoming about his previous handicap history when he joined your club and submitted his three cards, your handicap secretary seems to have dropped a bollock.
Had the same at our place. Guy came from course next door off 6 and was given a 14. Won the first comp with a net 61!!

Offline Colin L

• Gap Wedge
Had the same at our place. Guy came from course next door off 6 and was given a 14. Won the first comp with a net 61!!

Another handicap secretary dropping a bollock?   Must be  a growing number of  of singular men out there. 

It shouldn’t happen, of course. In allotting a handicap to a new member who has previously held a handicap, you must take the previous handicap into account.

Offline david92

• 4 Iron
he said he had played about 10 comps a year from when he was off 6 so that would be make him off 8/9 and he had been adjusted by a full shot a couple of times due to poor play but I still struggle to see how he got to 14...
WITB

Recent