Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 19, 2019, 13:44:15

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Single iron Shaft  (Read 1907 times)

Offline YOOFALLMAN

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • 4 Iron
Single iron Shaft
« on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:29:34 »
Guys, using my pencil bag the other week there, I accidentally, not on purpose, by mistake "lost" my four iron from my set ( please no "Senior" comments.....had enough of them !  :blush: ) - but to be fair the double strap Pencil bag is sh1te compared to the single strap version as the clubs have a habit of making a mad bid for freedom  :mad:.....so, now,  having sourced an AP2 replacement from the Bay, I now need to match it up ( shaft-wise and grip-wise ) to the other irons. I'm after a single four iron shaft - N.S. Pro Modus 120 Stiff , presume taper fit ?  at whatever tip dimension that is......Gary, Col ( and others ) can you assist ? Also going to need a Black Iomic Sticky single grip...... :unsure:

Offline euros

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
Re: Single iron Shaft
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:53:25 »
Is the pencil bag by chance a new style Titleist premium pencil bag?

No matter what i do with the straps teh clubs seem to want to do the same thing. Its seriously annoying and none of the previous versions did this.
I carry clubs but cant use any of them

Offline hotbaws

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
    • The New Club
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:35:33 »
Guys, using my pencil bag the other week there, I accidentally, not on purpose, by mistake "lost" my four iron from my set ( please no "Senior" comments.....had enough of them !  :blush: ) - but to be fair the double strap Pencil bag is sh1te compared to the single strap version as the clubs have a habit of making a mad bid for freedom  :mad:.....so, now,  having sourced an AP2 replacement from the Bay, I now need to match it up ( shaft-wise and grip-wise ) to the other irons. I'm after a single four iron shaft - N.S. Pro Modus 120 Stiff , presume taper fit ?  at whatever tip dimension that is......Gary, Col ( and others ) can you assist ? Also going to need a Black Iomic Sticky single grip...... :unsure:

G,

I can order you one from my trade account.
The Bag is changing again...
Round & round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline ernies_eye

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • 8 iron
  • The Gremlin
    • www.blackhalldevelopments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:38:29 »

No matter what i do with the straps teh clubs seem to want to do the same thing. Its seriously annoying and none of the previous versions did this.

Ive got one of the premium ones and agreed its shite for the clubs falling out. The callaway hyperlite pencil bag is far better imho
Bag contains:
clubs - 12 of.
a few baws (yelly yins)
loads of broken tees
1 half drunk bottle of flat juice.
foosty chuggy

Offline YOOFALLMAN

• 4 Iron
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:27:42 »

It is indeed Euros - the one with the small "feet" and the waterproofing on it's "belly"  :eyebrow:  Not the greatest bag I've ever owned although in single-strap form ( I bought the latter in November when I was over in the States ) - it works superbly well. why I didn't use the latter a couple of weeks back is a mystery in itself but that's another story.... :picard:  I'll probably look to pick up a Single strap at some point ( for the double-strapped bag ) and "Heath Robinson-ise"  it to use it that way.

Offline YOOFALLMAN

• 4 Iron
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:28:44 »
G,

I can order you one from my trade account.

Gary - let me double/triple check the shaft details and I can confirm later. Many thanks.  :thumbup1:

G

Offline hotbaws

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
    • The New Club
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:36:03 »
Just give me a bell once you know.

And as for a bag, look at the Ping Moon bag II
The Bag is changing again...
Round & round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline euros

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:49:02 »
I find it really odd as the previous Titleist pencil bags were great, although they all had teh common issue of the divider/bag neck wearing out after a year. Better that than loosing a club tho!
I carry clubs but cant use any of them

Offline Keve

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
Single iron Shaft
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2017, 22:23:08 »
I had the same issue with my Taylormade pencil bag Quiver I think the model is.
I lost a PW from mine and it took me months to find another one.  Then one day my pro was in the club bar and spotted a club tucked behind one of the refrigeration units,  someone good soul had handed it in after his shop had shut.
So keep asking around,  put up a notice offer a reward, you just never know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Cols_Ears

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • 3 Iron
  • Current HCap: 6.0
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2017, 10:51:02 »
And as for a bag, look at the Ping Moon bag II
As Gaz says, for my money the Ping Moonlite 2 with the waterproof underbelly is the best pencil bag I've seen - I've had one for a couple of years. Use it all the time in the winter, my bag of choice when you don't need to carry much stuff.
Picked it up on eBay new in my preferred colours for under 35 notes - just have to keep your eyes peeled.

On the original topic - would you not be better just ordering a replacement direct from Titleist, I'm sure you know a man with an account...
:ping: G400 10.5° with Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 Tour Spec 6.3
:taylormade: M1 3HL with Accra SE75 M4 Stiff
:adams: Idea Pro 18° with Fujikura Speeder TourSpec 8.8HB Stiff
:ping: iBlades Green Dot 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW +½"
:ping: Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° with KBS $ Taper shafts +½"
MannKrafted MA66 Flowneck
:bridgestone: Tour B330S/Tour BXS

Offline YOOFALLMAN

• 4 Iron
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:25:34 »
As Gaz says, for my money the Ping Moonlite 2 with the waterproof underbelly is the best pencil bag I've seen - I've had one for a couple of years. Use it all the time in the winter, my bag of choice when you don't need to carry much stuff.
Picked it up on eBay new in my preferred colours for under 35 notes - just have to keep your eyes peeled.

On the original topic - would you not be better just ordering a replacement direct from Titleist, I'm sure you know a man with an account...

Col - have picked up a new 4 iron with some XP shaft or other for £55 from e Bay - I think with a recent price increase, direct from Titleist its over a £100....the requirement for a matching shaft and even grip,  is my golf club OCD-ness kicking in again ... :blush:

Recent