Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:34:51

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LPGA result  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Vince Baby

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • 2 Iron
  • HC 9.9
Re: LPGA result
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2017, 15:03:24 »

I can forgive her. She's hot looking, very rich and a very good golfer......these things really matter in life   :tongue:

She's rather more masculine in real life. I saw her close up in a bush at Woburn.

Disappointing.

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Driver
  • Current HC: 7
« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2017, 15:19:05 »
She's rather more masculine in real life. I saw her close up in a bush at Woburn.

Disappointing.

You were hiding in a bush looking at women?  Was Nick standing next to you by any chance?

Offline Blofeld

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Driver
  • Brett Vale G.C. Captain 2014
« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2017, 15:30:03 »

Disappointing.

Sorry...I've gone dyslexic....

You watched her burn her bush?
Callaway Epic 10.5* / Hzrdus T800 6.0
Ping Rapture 13* / Rapture reg
Ping G400 14.5  / Tour 75 reg
Ping G400  19* & 22*/ Tour 80 reg
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW / DG XP95 stiff
Callaway MD4 54* & 58*
Gauge Design Tera

Offline Gareth

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • 2 Iron
    • Bespoke Automotive Consulting
« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2017, 15:39:06 »
Nick and Vince, earlier today on the course  :picard:

I love the sand belt but it's not good for keeping up trousers in the rain...

Offline Blofeld

• Driver
« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2017, 16:00:45 »
Some stalker he is.....will stand out like a sore thumb in that jumper.

this is more the ticket...
Callaway MD4 54* & 58*
Gauge Design Tera

Offline Blofeld

• Driver
« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2017, 09:34:34 »
Phil weighs in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39496813

"intentionally loose"..... :chuckle:
Callaway MD4 54* & 58*
Gauge Design Tera

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Driver
« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2017, 10:57:34 »
Phil weighs in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39496813

"They will move the ball two, three inches in front of their mark"

So if Phil has seen players doing this then why the hell has he not reported it to protect the field?  I wouldn't be surprised if players were occasionally off the mark by up to 1cm or so, but 3 inches would be very noticeable and should definitely have been called.

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Driver
« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2017, 14:02:51 »
There was an interesting post on this incident on the Barry Rhodes golf rules blog.  http://www.barryrhodes.com/2017/04/lexi-thompson-penalised-four-strokes.html

In it he said the below:

"Finally, the proposed Rules changes for 2019 have this ‘reasonable judgment’ clause that might have absolved Lexi had it been in place today;

“So long as you do all that can be reasonably expected of you under the circumstances to make an accurate estimation or measurement, your reasonable judgment will be accepted even if later shown to be wrong by other information (such as video technology).”"

Now personally I had assumed that this clause was going to be used for things like penalty drops from hazards (estimating point of entry), estimating nearest point of relief for free drops, or even things like whether a ball has moved closer to the hole (like Michelle Wie's drop which was mentioned earlier in the thread).  I guess it could also apply if someone moved their marker because it was on someone's line and then replaced it slightly incorrectly (one club head instead of two, 1cm out of the correct spot, etc), but surely in the case of Lexi Thomson this wouldn't have applied?

Offline david92

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • 4 Iron
« Reply #38 on: Apr 06, 2017, 14:24:41 »
There was an interesting post on this incident on the Barry Rhodes golf rules blog.  http://www.barryrhodes.com/2017/04/lexi-thompson-penalised-four-strokes.html

In it he said the below:

"Finally, the proposed Rules changes for 2019 have this ‘reasonable judgment’ clause that might have absolved Lexi had it been in place today;

“So long as you do all that can be reasonably expected of you under the circumstances to make an accurate estimation or measurement, your reasonable judgment will be accepted even if later shown to be wrong by other information (such as video technology).”"

Now personally I had assumed that this clause was going to be used for things like penalty drops from hazards (estimating point of entry), estimating nearest point of relief for free drops, or even things like whether a ball has moved closer to the hole (like Michelle Wie's drop which was mentioned earlier in the thread).  I guess it could also apply if someone moved their marker because it was on someone's line and then replaced it slightly incorrectly (one club head instead of two, 1cm out of the correct spot, etc), but surely in the case of Lexi Thomson this wouldn't have applied?

This clause shouldn't be used for a pro who basically didn't follow the correct and easy to follow protocol in marking a ball...not the biggest fan of Mark Crossfield but he has done a youtube posting showing him asking his kids to simply follow instructions in marking a ball...if an 11 yr old kid can do it correctly a highly paid, full time professional can..and to plead I didn't mean it, etc is a poor excuse
WITB
TM M2 9.5 with Oban HB Kiyoshi
Calloway Epic Graphite Design g series
Hybrids Callaway 815 18/20/23 Accra hybrid Stiff flex
Irons Mizuno MP18SC KBS Tour V +1/2"
Loads of Vokey wedges !!..and several putters...of which I am having most success with old Yes Callie 36" Superstroke mid size grip...probably had this putter for at least 10+yrs!

Offline Stu-Pid

• Shortened to 67"
  • Driver
« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2017, 14:42:23 »
This clause shouldn't be used for a pro who basically didn't follow the correct and easy to follow protocol in marking a ball...not the biggest fan of Mark Crossfield but he has done a youtube posting showing him asking his kids to simply follow instructions in marking a ball...if an 11 yr old kid can do it correctly a highly paid, full time professional can..and to plead I didn't mean it, etc is a poor excuse

I completely agree David.  I just hope that the R&A and USGA haven't allowed a loophole that will potentially allow tournament officials more leeway in cases like this in the future, even if just to avoid the type of controversy that we have seen over the last week.  The fact that is specifically mentions video technology does seem to indicate that this is very much aimed at the Professional game rather than for amateurs.

Recent