Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 31, 2021, 17:09:04

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: World Handicapping Scheme Education Discussion  (Read 8821 times)

Offline YOOFALLMAN

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • 4 Iron
Re: World Handicapping Scheme Education Discussion
« Reply #285 on: Jun 08, 2021, 22:10:29 »
Nick, thanks for the explanation - really appreciated and most certainly aids my understanding a bit more    :yes:
I dunno where I got the course rating and slope numbers from ? A momentary brain  fart I think  :sad:

I think Andy, my mate  just feels it’s a handicap that he will not really have a realistic chance of playing to - and that is his 100% honest assessment.  :eyebrow:

Offline hotbaws

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Hybrid / 5 Wood
    • The New Club
World Handicapping Scheme Education Discussion
« Reply #286 on: Jun 09, 2021, 01:01:04 »
Nick with the soft and hard limit up now apply to Graham’s mate currently off his 0.5 HC?

I’m asking as the SHU made a balls up of my data import and it ended with me getting a HC of 1.0, after a manual adjustment by my local club HC sec to 2.3 I’ve put in general play scores ever time I’ve played and I’m not 3.7 which is probably still not accurate. I was 3.3 before the change over but playing horrendous and getting lessons in an effort to not wanting to put my clubs through the chop saw so they’ll fit in the wheelie bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bag is changing again...
Round & round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Blofeld

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Driver
  • Brett Vale G.C. Captain 2014 and 2020
« Reply #287 on: Jun 09, 2021, 10:55:34 »
Nick with the soft and hard limit up now apply to Graham’s mate currently off his 0.5 HC?

I’m asking as the SHU made a balls up of my data import and it ended with me getting a HC of 1.0, after a manual adjustment by my local club HC sec to 2.3 I’ve put in general play scores ever time I’ve played and I’m not 3.7 which is probably still not accurate. I was 3.3 before the change over but playing horrendous and getting lessons in an effort to not wanting to put my clubs through the chop saw so they’ll fit in the wheelie bin.

No.

The simple reason being that with so few scores in a players record when they first start out a players index is likely to be highly volatile.

Low Handicap Indexes are not set/established until a player has 20 scores on their record.

Callaway Rogue Driver 10.5* / Aldila Synergy 50 reg
Callaway Rogue 3-wood 15* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Rogue 5-wood 19* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood 20* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Apex 4H 23* / Project X Catalyst 70 reg
Callaway Apex CF19 6-PW / TT Elevate 95 reg
Vega Alcor 50*, 54* & 58* / Shimada Wedge flex
Scotty Special Select Flowback 5

Offline Blofeld

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Driver
  • Brett Vale G.C. Captain 2014 and 2020
« Reply #288 on: Jun 09, 2021, 11:00:26 »
Nick, thanks for the explanation - really appreciated and most certainly aids my understanding a bit more    :yes:
I dunno where I got the course rating and slope numbers from ? A momentary brain  fart I think  :sad:

I think Andy, my mate  just feels it’s a handicap that he will not really have a realistic chance of playing to - and that is his 100% honest assessment.  :eyebrow:

If his 4th score is worse than either of the 74's then his index will immediately rise by 1 stroke.....when a player has 4 scores in their record the index is based on the best score minus ONE stroke.

Should his 5th round be worse than 74 then he will go up another stroke (index based on best score).

However  :D if his 6th round is worse again then his index will go back DOWN by a stroke because it will be based on the average of his BEST TWO scores minus one stroke....unfortunately he has 2 74's in his record!!!
Callaway Rogue Driver 10.5* / Aldila Synergy 50 reg
Callaway Rogue 3-wood 15* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Rogue 5-wood 19* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood 20* / Aldila Synergy 60 reg
Callaway Apex 4H 23* / Project X Catalyst 70 reg
Callaway Apex CF19 6-PW / TT Elevate 95 reg
Vega Alcor 50*, 54* & 58* / Shimada Wedge flex
Scotty Special Select Flowback 5

Recent