Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jan 27, 2023, 14:49:11

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Winn Xi7 Grip Review - Discuss  (Read 2819 times)

Offline HirekoGolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lob Wedge
Winn Xi7 Grip Review - Discuss
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 17:10:36 »
Recently reshafted my gear, so I thought I would get some new grips as well as I didn't like the Golfpride tour velvets, always thought they were a tad slippy in our wet climate. I used to use Lamkin crosslines which were fantastic in the wet but have a tendency to take your skin off too. A few months back, one of our members mentioned the Winn Xi7 grips as being real soft & comfy but afforded fantastic level of grip in the wet also, as this was the first time I have heard of Winn grips, other than the ones for putters, I decided to give them a try.

I took them out today, in freezing cold, blustery wet conditions and I could honestly say that they are the best grips I have used. They are so soft and comfy that I didn't bother using a glove, and despite the wet conditions I could grip the clubs as normal, even through the hitting zone I did not feel them slip once. The best thing was that at the end of the round, I still had skin on my fingers and hands.

I stock these grips and I find them very popular although the price is a bit on the high side, I would also have a look at the Karakal grips the same company who make the tennis grips. As you can imagine these need to be no slip so they have applied the same technology to a golf grip, the Karakal moto is " The wetter the better " The karakal are a much better buy nearly half the price. If anyone would like to try I have plenty in stock.
Happy golfing

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009, 17:46:57 by True Blue »

Offline oldslugger

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • 5 Iron
Winn Xi7 Grip Review - Discuss
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 17:23:50 »
I used to use karakal grips in my tennis racquets and tried their golf grips, nice soft grips but tended to wear very quickly.
Handicap at start of season 12.2
Driver: Alpha V5LX 10.5* SK Fiber fury 65S
(TM R7 Ltd 8.5* GD Pershing stiff doing time in naughty bag)
19* Stock Voodoo stiff
3-PW Vega RAF-CM flighted Rifle 5.5 with red Iomic grips
49, 53 & 57* Raw Yururi Scandium stiff
Alternate wedges: Vega RAFW08 52* & 60* BG stiff, Scratch 56* BG stiff
Putter: Scotty Studio Select 2.6
Ball: Srixon ZURS
Bag: TM TMX stand bag

Offline HirekoGolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lob Wedge
Re: Winn Xi7 Grip Review - Discuss
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 18:07:42 »
They have been moulded now rather than the old fashioned wrap around type so they are much more harder wearing.

Recent