Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 18, 2022, 16:56:32

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Seaton Carew - Discuss  (Read 9266 times)

Offline johnnytourcaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sand Wedge
Re: Seaton Carew - Discuss
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2010, 14:53:23 »
I played there a few years ago and did think it was pretty good, but without ever being outstanding I would have to say.

Lots of OK holes I would say, nothing drasticly bad that I can remember.

I would say its worth playing but I wouldn't recommend driving from Edinburgh like we did just to play it  :cry:

Offline inoculator

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • 3 Iron
Re: Seaton Carew - Discuss
« Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2010, 16:19:52 »
Did you enjoy it inoculator?

Trying to get a game with my bro organised for the weekend, so it's this or Cleveland.

I really enjoyed, which is saying something as I had a bit of a hangover & the Parmo was sitting like a lead weight in my stomach from the night before :D

Played it early morning with not much breeze which also helped.

Not the hardest links course I've played & but some good testing links holes with blind tee shots & some nasty greenside bunkers. Fairways (if you can hit them) were fairly good & level & not many crazy bounces/lies. Also the rough was still pretty well down when I played it so didn't lose too many balls. Course was in very good condition & greens were running quick in April so I predict they may be even faster now  :omg:

Just wished I'd had a bit more time to enjoy the course & get a few photos but golf wasn't the reason I was down there so had to play fairly quickly to get back into town in the morning.

I may be biased as I prefer links to inland courses but I thought it was pretty good. I'd agree with Johnny however that it's probably not worth the 3hr journey to go & play it but definitely worth a visit if you're down/up that way.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"

Recent